Snoring is simply the vibration of flesh/muscles (soft structures) in the throat when sleeping, leading to noisy breathing. Snoring can affect basically anyone, which is why people wonder, “What causes snoring?” However, it is prevalent in overweight men and could get worse with age.
Occasional snoring isn’t something to be bothered about since stress could be a fueling factor. Still, when snoring gets persistent, it won’t only be a nuisance to your bed partner but also affect the quality of your sleep.
Snoring could be a symptom of sleep apnea, which requires you to finally find snoring aids to mute your snoring and sleep sound.
Why Do People Snore?
There are many explanations, biological, anatomy-based, etc., but we will go with the simplest explanation as to why people snore.
When asleep, it’s natural for parts of the body like the arms and feet to experience a form of limpness, and soft structures in the mouth like the tongue, soft palate, etc. tend to experience this form of limpness also and sometimes they fall back into the throat, which partially obstructs the airflow into the lungs.
When the air passing through the airway is obstructed, those soft structures around the neck muscles tend to vibrate.
What Causes Snoring?
Numerous factors can cause snoring, e.g., the anatomy structure of the mouth and sinuses, allergies, being overweight, a cold, or drinking alcohol before you go to bed, which tend to relax the muscles in the air path.
How to Prevent Snoring?
There are a lot of ways you can apply to prevent snoring; they are:
- Maintaining a healthy weight [check out how to lose 10 pounds without exercise]
- Quit smoking
- Avoid sleeping on the back; instead, on the side
- Reduce the use of sedatives
- Avoid drinking alcohol right before bedtime
- Use a snoring aid – AirSnore mouthpiece.
AirSnore is a mouthpiece that improves airflow when sleeping by moving the lower jaw forward to prevent the vibration that causes snoring. The use of AirSnore mouthpiece is one of the best ways to stop snoring.
In this AirSnore review, I will highlight how it works, the benefits, the fitting process, the cleaning process, product details, etc.
AirSnore Review – Brand Overview
AirSnore is manufactured by Wolfson Berg in FDA-approved facilities. Based in Cyprus, the company has a reputation for its quality and effective products. Airsnore, however, ships to around the world, like Canada, the USA, UK, etc.
How Does AirSnore Work?
Firstly, the mouthpiece is molded to the teeth during bite fitting and boil process. Once it fits, it rests in the mouth and on the teeth, then it pushes the jaw forward a little, thereby opening the airway to allow easy breathing while sleeping.
AirSnore is a Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD). It normally has an airway spacing of about 5 millimeters, enough to allow you to breathe comfortably at night. The airway may collapse if overheated.
AirSnore Review: Fitting process
The following would be required for fitting:
- A timer
- Hot and cold water
- Two bowls
- The mouthpiece with airway plug
- Brush your teeth.
- Place the handle (red) into the mouthpiece breath hole.
- Pour hot water (75°c) into one of the bowls.
- Place the mouthpiece in the bowl of hot water until it’s submerged.
- After 15-30 seconds, while holding the insert handle, take out the mouthpiece.
- Shake off the excess water and place the mouthpiece gently inside your mouth.
- Adjust until it’s in a comfortable position, then bite down into the material.
- Use your fingers to assist with the molding of the mouthpiece around the teeth.
- Slightly push your jaw forward during the fitting; this would help improve airflow at night.
- Take out the mouthpiece once satisfied with the fit and teeth impression.
- Place the mouthpiece in the second bowl and gently pour cool water on it to help solidify the teeth impression.
AirSnore Cleaning Process
It can be cleaned using either a denture-cleaning tablet or cold water and toothpaste. When cold water and toothpaste are used in cleaning, you are to submerge the mouthpiece in water for about 15 minutes and then dry before use. It’s advisable to clean after every use.
Ingredients in AirSnore Drops
- Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil
- Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil
- Lavendula angustifolia (lavender) flower oil
- Mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf oil
- Pinus sylvestris (Scots pine) leaf oil.
Benefits of Using AirSnore
- It prevents snoring
- Ensures you sleep and breathe better
- Your sleeping partner would no longer be irritated
- It can be readjusted
- It is comfortable
- It doesn’t require any adjustment tool.
- It opens the airway conveniently.
- There is a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Well priced and lasts long
- Over 80,000 users worldwide, according to statistics on the official website
- It comes in a combo – mouthpiece and drops.
Cons of AirSnore
AirSnore cannot be used if you have dentures, crowns, bridges, caps, or implants.
AirSnore Review: How Much and How to Buy
You can only buy AirSnore when you order on the official website. This anti-snoring device can be gotten from as low as $50.
The AirSnore drops cost $44.95, but it is recommended that you get the complete package of both the mouthpiece and drops, which then costs $89.95. All orders are with free, fast shipping!
For discounts, there are most times available coupons on the official website, mostly around 20 to 30% off!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can AirSnore choke you?
No. It can’t be swallowed because it’s large.
Does AirSnore work for sleep apnea?
No, it’s only designed for snoring.
Does AirSnore come in different sizes?
No, it comes in a one-size-fit-all size.